Webinar: Introduction to Quantitative Investing
Speakers: Lim Eng Guan, Patrick Ling
- Lim Eng Guan and Patrick Ling are ex-fund managers with MAS-regulated hedge fund, LiquidValue Asset Management (LVAM).
- Each of them have over 15 years of experience in the asset management and banking industry.
- Their career spanned global firms like GIC, Credit Suisse, Barclays, UBS, and Calyon.
Attend this Webinar to learn:
- What is and Why Quantitative Investing?
- Pitfalls of Traditional Stock Investing
- Risk Parity – Common sense approach to “All Weather” asset allocation
- Trend Following – The smart way to buy and hold
- The power of leverage
Quant-Led, Models-Driven Trending Following & Risk Parity Strategy.
In this Webinar, you will learn from Eng Guan and Patrick about two advanced investment strategies using quant-based approach as well as applying leverage to achieve 10%-15% annual returns.
#1 TREND FOLLOWING
Trending following strategy is the most popular investment strategy after value investing. If value investing is about buy low and sell high, then trend following is about buy high and sell even higher.
#2 RISK PARITY
If the word risk parity sounds overt complex to you, it probably is. Most investment approach focuses on capital allocation, whereas risk parity focuses on risk allocation. The first risk parity fund is developed by Bridgewater Associates, the largest hedge fund in the world.
When you combine both strategies, you would get smoother returns with the best-performing strategy balance out the second-best strategy to achieve higher overall portfolio returns.
No Blackbox, No Coding, No Expensive Subscriptions. Fully open, transparent, and use tools you are already familiar with.
No Chart Reading
We do not draw horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines to predict the price the security is going to land on. Signal is 100% generated from models.
We do not use candlesticks to generate entry or exit prices. So don’t worry as you do not have to remember all the fanciful candlestick patterns.
No Technical Analysis
Fibonacci? Head and shoulder pattern? RSI? Bollinger Bands? Nope we do not use all those. Our signals are backtested, tested and optimised from quant-based approach.
No reading of Annual Reports Required
We do not rely on fundamental data, business model or Chairman’s message to derive our investment decisions.
No following Corporate News Required
Corporate news are not important in determining our investment decisions. Hence, you need not have to follow any corporate news on the portfolio stocks.
Key learning points:
- An appreciation of quantitative investments
- Look beyond returns, and understand the importance of risk
- Broad concepts behind Risk Parity and Trend Following
- Leverage and its use
There will be a Q&A segment for you to ask questions.
Who can benefit by attending:
- Part time and full time traders passionate about trading.
- Beginners who are still searching for tools to use in trading.
About speaker: Lim Eng Guan
Eng Guan is a quantitative investment practitioner with close to 15 years of experience in the asset management and banking industry. He was the Executive Director and one of the key Portfolio Managers in LiquidValue Asset Management (LVAM), a Singapore-based hedge fund regulated under MAS from 2015-2019. During this period, he jointly see to the setup, launch, and investments of a quantitative fund. He also works in collaboration with the local investment education industry to deliver courses on quantitative investing. Prior to these, he started off as a hedge fund analyst in GIC Asset Management before moving on to Credit Suisse AG and Barclays Capital looking after valuation matters on the derivatives and structured products the investment banks trade. He subsequently moved into proprietary trading where he spent years researching and building investment models before joining LVAM as a Portfolio Manager.
About speaker: Patrick Ling Lee-Ee
Patrick is a quantitative investment practitioner with almost 15 years of experience in the asset management and banking industry. He was the Executive Director and one of the key Portfolio Managers in LiquidValue Asset Management (LVAM), a Singapore-based hedge fund regulated under MAS from 2015-2019. During this period, he jointly see to the setup, launch, and investments of a quantitative fund. He also works in collaboration with the local investment education industry to deliver courses on quantitative investing. Prior to these, he started off as a Portfolio Manager in UBS before moving on to Calyon where he is responsible for equity derivatives hedge fund sales. He subsequently moved to Credit Suisse AG looking after valuation control on the derivatives and structured products the investment banks trade before joining LVAM as a Portfolio Manager.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members!
- Free for non-members too! (So invite your friends!)
- We have capacity for over 200, so please invite your friends to register for this free for all Webinar!
(Share this Webinar with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 20 Feb 2020 (Thu)
- Time: 8pm – 10pm (Webinar room opens 7.45pm)
- Venue: Webinar. Access from any connected devices. Nothing to install.
- Please update your desktop/mobile browser to latest version (e.g. Chrome)
- Registration is compulsory as Webinar capacity is limited.